Saturday, September 7, 2013

Brainstorming Round 1

Today I went through several brainstorming activities. I thought about my knowledge gaps surrounding music festival experiences. What don't I know, and what don't I understand - about people, their music festival needs and wants, and the events themselves? I thought of as many things as I could, and then sorted them by timeframe - whether they are about the experience before a festival, during an event, or the aftermath.

Then I wrote down every possible idea I've had so far for things that festivals could do for audience members that would be awesome that don't exist yet. These are all things that would excite me, as a veteran music festival-goer.

I've also been re-reviewing all the reading I've done, including books, academic articles and news stories about festivals for gems of information that seem relevant to improving festival experiences for audiences. I also reviewed my notes from SXSW earlier this year.

For instance, what are the things that inherently make people happy? How do people co-produce their own experiences? What are the elements of peak experience that could map on to music festival experience?  My next step will be to take inventory of all the ways festival promoters and events can connect with or support their audiences.

My kitchen has turned into thesis central.


No comments :

Post a Comment